A special 10” Cherry Red-coloured vinyl commemorating Toyah’s classic single ‘Brave New World’, is released 10 March 2023 as part of the ‘45s at 45’ vinyl series marking the 45th Anniversary of Cherry Red Records.
- Released 10 March 2023, newly remastered from the original master tapes.
- Compiled by Craig Astley, Toyah’s official archivist, the EP presents four unique previously unreleased versions created exclusively for use as part of TV performances in 1982. All tracks are remastered by Nick Watson.
- With a brand new sleeve featuring rare and unseen photography synonymous with ‘Brave New World’, an image which Toyah regards as her most iconic and a personal favourite, and a new inner bag includes lyrics for ‘Brave New World’ and ‘Dawn Chorus’.
- Side A is led by ‘Brave New World’ and ‘Street Creature’ as featured on Razzmatazz in May 1982. This version preceded final mixing and mastering of ‘The Changeling’ album. ‘Brave New World’ appears in a unique mix, edited from its LP length and noticeable for being a more subdued tempo in comparison with the final version. Both tracks were produced by the legendary Steve Lillywhite at Roundhouse Studios, utilising at-the-time cutting-edge digital recording technology.
- Side B continues the theme of unearthing bespoke versions recorded exclusively for television. The long-awaited alternate version of ‘Dawn Chorus’ was performed on the Pebble Mill 6.55 Special. Produced by Nick Tauber in the Marquee Studios, concurrent to mixing sessions for the live album ‘Warrior Rock’, this version is newly mixed from the multi-track tapes. The quintessential Toyah track ‘Ieya’ appears in its 1982 re-recorded form in a unique edited version (alternate to the Radio Edit).